Wednesday, 23 April 2014
Sia's latest interview is jam-packed with fascinating music industry revelations!
The 38-year-old Aussie singer and songwriter (full name Sia Furler) recently sat down with the New York Times to dish on working with some of the biggest pop stars in the world.
Here are the juiciest revelations from Sia's epic profile.
1. Katy Perry Should Check Her Emails: Beyoncé's song "Pretty Hurts" was actually originally written by Sia for Katy Perry! According to the NYT, "Furler emailed the song to her friend Katy Perry, but Perry didn't see the email. So Furler passed the song along to Rihanna's manager, who held it for eight months, but ultimately did not pay the fee to secure the track." Sia adds, "'When Beyoncé heard it, she slid into home base and just closed the deal.'" Perry later heard the Bey track and texted Sia, "I'm pretty hurt you never sent me this song," to which Sia responded, "Check your email."
2. Sia Is Seriously Speedy: Sia has written countless hit songs, including "Titanium" for David Guetta and "Perfume" for Britney Spears, but she broke a record when she penned the song "Diamonds" for Rihanna. According to the interview, "While at Rihanna's studio, Furler wrote ‘Diamonds' in 14 minutes." Damn!
3. Thanks, Google: Sia has Google to thank for her hit "Titanium." She reveals, "I typed into Google, ‘What is bulletproof?'…I wrote ‘Titanium' in 40 minutes."
4. Lea Michele's Sad Tribute to Cory: Lea Michele wanted to work with Sia on a song that would pay tribute to her late boyfriend, Cory Monteith. During their studio session, "Michele began to sob on the sofa, and Furler eventually wrote 'If You Say So' based on the young star's feelings. 'Maybe it was because I have a dead boyfriend, too,' Furler said later."
5. Sia's Spiritual Buddies With Demi Moore: The NYT article reveals that Sia attends meditation workshops at the home of Demi Moore.
The dancer shared photos of her two adorable kids.
see more below:
A Los Angeles judge gave Columbus Short two short hours to get all of his belongings and get out of his house today. The order came just days after his wife of nearly nine years, Tanee McCall-Short, filed a restraining order against the actor, claiming he threatened to kill her.
According to reports, the “Scandal” star went to court to seek permission to return to his SoCal home, but the judge denied the request. He was granted brief access to gather his possessions. His attorney was also ordered to be present during the visit.
As reported earlier, Short’s wife filed a restraining order, claiming he pinned her down, held a knife to her throat and threatened to end both of their lives. According to the court order, the attack took place on April 7th at their at their Chatsworth, Calif. home. The actress claimed he came home drunk with a wine bottle and attempted to throw it at her. He went on to chock her and demand they play a game of “Truth or Truth.”
As a result of the violent behavior, Tanee filed for divorce for the third time. She’s asking for sole custody of their 2-year-old daughter Ayala.
Usher may be all smiles on TV but the superstar and father of two revealed that he’s been going through a lot behind closed doors. During an interview on the “TODAY” show this week, the “Confessions” singer said the past 12 months has been the most difficult time of his life.
“This year has been really one of my hardest years,” he shared. “I lost my grandmother, my son was diagnosed as being a type one diabetic. It has definitely been a difficult one for me.”
Jennifer Lopez’s American Idol Lanvin Bronze Lamé Shirt, Metallic Vivienne Westwood Red Label Skirt, and Brian Atwood Sandals.
I am always ready for another dose of J. Lo American Idol style!
The judge recently posed in a bronze shirt by Lanvin, a $575 metallic tinged Vivienne Westwood skirt, and Brian Atwood sandals. Her shirt fits effortlessly into Lanvin’s lamé Spring 2014 collection. See a similar shirt below in red. Her burgundy viscose skirt has a contrasting silk waistband. I love the color story here, but something about the skirt seems unfinished. Like the designer wasn’t quite done, or cut off too much fabric in a hurry.
What do you think? Check them out below:
A slew of stylish stars were in attendance at the Chanel 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Artist Dinner. Many of the night’s attendees went for glamour in pieces from the French fashion house’s collections, though more than a few missed the mark with looks that just didn’t translate well for such a high-fashion affair.
Let’s get into the dinner’s ensembles! Supermodel Joan Smalls kept it simple in a curve-hugging printed number, Tom Ford sandals, and fierce cobalt-rimmed eyes. Hot!
When Diddy announced his new TV channel, REVOLT, we knew that it would be beyond huge. The mogul has even more plans for the network and announced a few of them at his first annual “Upfront” in NYC last night. Charlamagne Tha God, Angela Yee and DJ Envy of “The Breakfast Club” showed up to party with Diddy and Childish Gambino even performed. Check out these pics from the exciting event.
What will they say now?
Pharrell found himself engulfed in controversy after the release of his album “GIRL” that featured three fair-skinned women on the cover. Well, take this haters, he used a brown-skinned model on the facade of his “Marilyn Monroe” single (and featured darker women in the music video).
After receiving backlash for the lack of color on “GIRL,” Pharrell told The Breakfast Club, “If they just bothered to listen to my album they would know that the album was an ode to women, period.”
With this new album Pharrell is attempting to redefine Hollywood standards. “The one thing that I was just trying to help and aid in changing was the crazy statuesque standard of you gotta be White and thin to be beautiful,” he said.
Watch the visuals, below:
Chris Brown Trial in Washington, D.C., Delayed for Months; Singer Escorted to L.A. Via U.S. Air Marshals.
UPDATE: Chris Brown's attorney Mark Geragos appeared on his clients behalfs during Brown's probation hearing today in Los Angeles. He asked for Brown to be released from custody, but Los Angeles Judge Greenberg denied the request as well the request to set bail. Brown's next court hearing for probation violation is now set for May 1 at 2 p.m. He will be held in custody in Los Angeles until then.
Chris Brown's trial has been delayed.
After the singer, who's been in jail since March 14, was brought to Washington, D.C., by U.S. Air Marshals in order to stand trial on a charge of misdemeanor assault stemming from a fight in October, his trial will now be delayed for months, according to NBC. Brown is accused of breaking another man's nose after the guy tried to squeeze into a picture with the R&B star and some female fans.
No specific date has been set for the trial, which could be scheduled for roughly six months from now. The delay comes after Brown's bodyguard Christopher Hollosy opted not to testify out of fear of self-incrimination.