Sunday 26 June 2016

A Lesson I Learned From My Husband By Majorie Harvey

teewhy-hive.blogspot.co.uk
My husband is a wellspring of laughter, love, and wisdom. It’s a huge part of what I love about him. As a couple, we share so much and have really helped each other grow over the years in many meaningful ways.
Between takes on his various shows, he often shares aspects of his life story along with anecdotes for success that he’s learned over the years. It’s his way of giving back, sowing seeds of inspiration, and acknowledging how far he’s come. During these moments, as well as on his Success tours, he frequently shares a principle we both believe in, called the Principle of Gratitude. It’s the idea that being sincerely thankful for what you have today, unlocks unforeseen possibilities of what can be available to you tomorrow. Gratefulness gives way to more blessings! Think about it. We all have enjoyed the gift of giving to someone. The joy experienced when genuine excitement and appreciation overtake the receiver, is priceless! It makes you want to do more. The same is true, spiritually. The more we are grateful (especially for the little things), the more God wants to shower us with more.

Complaining brings about the exact opposite results. Criticizing and condemning that which we’ve been blessed to have, cuts the experience of life’s gifts short. It sends a message out into the universe that we are, in fact, burdened by what we have received instead of blessed by it. Somehow that translates into life taking some of what we have, off of our proverbial plate.
Someone once asked my husband, “What if God only allowed you to have in your life tomorrow the people, places and things you thanked Him for today? Would your attitude be any different?” In our intimate time of sharing, he told me about the conversation and asked these questions of me. Needless to say, this perspective has dramatically impacted what we say and how we behave daily.
I never take for granted being blessed beyond measure. I say it every chance I get! Before my husband does anything in the morning (even before he kisses me –wink) he tells God Thank You for a list of over 80 things! I challenge you to start your day with gratitude and watch how His goodness grows in your life. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment