Saturday 7 December 2013

Marc Jacobs On Leaving Louis Vuitton.

Marc-Jacobs-headshot_7.71
Marc Jacobs gave a little bit of insight about leaving his post at Louis Vuitton this week during a talk at The Architecture Foundation at the Tate Modern. Though he is a legendary designer and already has a thriving brand, he admits that he is still a little bit scared even after his departure. “Actually, I’m a little scared. I mean it wouldn’t be me if I sat here and pretended to be super confident about everything. There’s a kind of healthy fear that I have – it’s how I operate. On a good day I believe it’s going to be amazing and on a bad day I think I need that other place to hide. But anyway, today I’m in a good place. I think it’s going to be great. I guess there’s a plus and minus to doing the Marc Jacobs Louis Vuitton thing. I loved it and I’ve learnt a lot from living in Paris. I don’t know what the future will be and I’m just sort of like lets see, lets see how it goes.” He also expressed his excitement to see how Louis Vuitton develops under the direction of Nicolas Ghesquière: “You know, I’m curious to see what he’ll do. I mean we have such different aesthetics. I guess I’ve gone through kind of ups and downs about it, but the thing is before me there was no ready to wear. There were no shoes; there were no jewellery and no menswear – there was nothing. So, I had an opportunity that was so wonderful. I was the first clothing designer there. There were all these stories of houses bringing in new designers. But I think things need change, they just don’t stay the same. I’m just really glad that somebody who I really respect and admire and I think is a great talent is there. I’m just curious to see what he does.” (Dazed Digital)

No comments:

Post a Comment