She says, “The inspiration was the actual look of the stunning Lexus car, hashtag for this season, #HowFashionTravels. Since Lexus is a global brand that provides the world with luxe comfort, it was important that Lexus Lounge reflected that. I used designs from international designers like USM (Swiss), Ligne Roset (French), FLOS Lighting designed by Jasper Morrison (Italian by a Brit), Bend Designs(American), Valspar Paint (American), and Inigo Elizade Rugs (Filipino designer). I didn’t want it to feel like the backstage area of NYFW, I want guests to feel like they’ve been transported to their favorite sexy spot in their favorite city. “
Kelley was given a blank slate to construct the lounge, which proved to be a bit difficult. She says, “The biggest challenge is that main lounge is built-out from a raw studio space with no architectural details or natural light. It’s very blank and very cold. The bar area is transformed from a conference room and we all know conference rooms are never sexy. I took cues from my favorite lounges in Paris, Berlin, and London because they are all beautiful windowless spaces that feel good. In order to make the main area feel cozy, I painted the walls a dark emerald green , used globe sconces that give off a warm glow, and shiny metal furniture to reflect and bounce light. For the bar area, I used very graphic patterns on the windows and rug.”
She continues, “Since the space was very cold and I wanted it to feel warm and glamorous, I used shiny paint, gold metal, velvety upholstery, a fluffy wool rug, and filled it with plants. It definitely says “Come here and chill.” I used rich fabrics, black fringed leather, and all gold metal chairs and tables. It reminds me of a chic fall look with layered gold jewelry. “
If you want to recreate this room or spy anything you like, we got the keys!
Buy a few items below:
Get the chair here, tables here,rugs here, paint here.
What do you think of the Lexus Lounge?
No comments:
Post a Comment