Tuesday 7 April 2015

There's Another Beyoncé Out There, and Humans of New York Found Her

Humans of New York
Move over Beyoncé! There's a new Beyoncé in town. And her name is...Beyoncé.
That's right, the world as we know it is about to be turned upside down. That weird buzzing sound you've been hearing all day? It's the Beyhive shifting into panic mode.
Humans of New York, the photography blog that features interesting people around the Big Apple (and occasionally beyond), recently posted an entry about a high school student with a very familiar name. And, naturally, she gives the famous Bey a real run for her money in the adorable department. Real Life Bey was photographed in front of what appears to be her high school, and she's wearing a very Bey-approved jacket, natch.
But before you go thinking that sharing your name with Queen Bey is the, ahem, bee's knees, know that it's actually a whole lot to live up to. The high school B opened up to Humans of New York about the problems with her famous name.
"Sometimes I hate my name because it always draws attention to me and I'm not a very social person," she said. "My family moved this year from Pennsylvania. I was so scared the first day of school that someone would notice me. I wouldn't even adjust my seat because I thought it would make a noise. One time I really had to cough, but I held it in. When the teacher started calling attendance, I got really nervous, because every time people learn my name is Beyoncé somebody starts singing 'Single Ladies.' And some did, of course. But the second day of school wasn't too bad. Because everyone knew my name."
You've really got to hand it to mini-Bey. Not only is she taking her name like a total champ, but she seems to have managed to channel a bit of Queen Bey, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment