Sunday 17 May 2015

Jay Z Addresses Tidal Critics in Epic Freestyle During B-Sides Concert—Watch!

Jay-Z
What better way for Jay Z to address critics than through a rap?
HOV took the stage in New York last night for his highly anticipated B-Sides concert, which was a noteworthy event for more than one reason.
Yes, Jay was going to perform three decades worth of hits for his OG fans, proving to be one nostalgic experience, but this was also going to be a Tidal X event.
The rapper's show was streaming for Tidal subscribers and it definitely didn't disappoint. While running through classic Roc-A-Fella records, Jigga brought out his familia including Memphis Bleek, Young Gunz, Freeway and Beanie Sigel.
But it was his (seemingly but probably not) impromptu freestyle that got people talking, with Jay addressing Tidal critics, slamming Spotify and YouTube, and calling out racial injustice in his famous rhythmic fashion.

"So I'm the bad guy now I hear, because I don't go with the flow
Don't ever go with the flow, be the flow
And I don't need no middle man to talk to my n----s
I understand if you don't understand, I figure I'm Jigga
That's where we differ
I take what's mine, you accept what they they give you, I get you
I don't take no checks, I take my respect
Pharrell even told me go with the safest bet
Jimmy Iovine on for the safety net
Google dig around a crazy check
I feel like YouTube is the biggest culprit
Them n----s pay you a tenth of what you supposed to get
You know n----s die for equal pay right?
You know when I work I ain't your slave right?
You know I ain't shucking and jiving and high-fiving, and you know this ain't back in the days right?
Well I can't tell, how the way they killed Freddie Gray right?
Shot down Mike Brown how they did Tray right?
Let them continue choking n----s,
We gon' turn style, I ain't your token n----
You know I came in this game independent, right?
TiDAL, my own lane, same difference
Oh n----s is skeptical about they own shit
You bought nine iPhones and Steve Jobs is rich
Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kicks
Spotify worth nine billion and they ain't say s--t!
‘Lucy you got some ‘splaining to do'
The only one they hating on look the same as you…
That's cool, I know they trying to bamboozle you
Spending millions on media trying to confuse you
I had to talk to myself, ‘Hov you used to it
It's politics as usual"
Usher, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Deadmau5, Kanye West, JAY Z, J. Cole, Tidal Launch Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Roc Nation
When the music mogul first launched the app in March, music fans were buzzing about the new service. After all, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Beyoncé and many other big names were totally on board to bring their new music directly to the company.
But between paying $10 a month for digital audio-quality or $20 a month for CD-quality sound, some began to wonder if it was worth the price. And many seemed to decide it wasn't.
Two weeks after Tidal briefly cracked the U.S. iPhone top 20 download chart, the app has crashed out of the top 700. While that may seem like a drastic flop, Jay isn't giving up on his latest venture.
"There are many big companies that are spending millions on a smear campaign. We are not anti-anyone, we are pro-artist & fan. #TidalFacts," he explained. "Our actions will speak louder than words. We made Tidal to bring people the best experiences and to help artists give that to their fans over and over again."
He concluded, "We are human (even Daft Punk ha). We aren't perfect—but we are determined. #TidalFacts"

No comments:

Post a Comment