Tuesday 27 October 2015

Love Isn't Dead! 30 Celeb Couples That Will Give You Something to Believe in Again

Iman, David Bowie
Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton. Gwen Stefani and Gavin RossdaleJennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. Zayn Malik and One Direction. Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards. Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez.  Oof. It's been a rough year for celeb breakups.
Couples you thought were forever went suddenly (or not-so-suddenly, depending on who you ask) kaput. A famous duo that represented your #relationshipgoals now represent NOTHING. We get it, you guys. If we may borrow a phrase from Dwight Schrute, all these breakups are leading people to believe that love is "as dead as every dead animal who has ever died."
But wait! You may mourn the loss of Miranda and Blake's country love or Bennifer 2.0's decade-long marriage or Emma and Andrew's across-the-pond union, but then you must find hope again! And you can find hope in these 30 celeb couples who as of publishing this article are still happily together (fingers crossed) and hopefully will be in it for the long haul.
Let them give you something to believe in again!

V-Day GIFs
V-Day GIFs
1. Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson
Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, BAFTA Film Awards 2014 Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Married for: 27 years
Cute quote: "Every day is a blast with Rita Wilson," Tom gushed to Piers Morgan. "When I met Rita, I thought, 'oh, this is what it's supposed to be like when you are married to someone. It's supposed to be this carefree and easy.'"

2. Anna Faris & Chris Pratt
Anna Faris, Chris Pratt, Golden Globes Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Married for: 6 years
Cute quote: "Anna and I are meant to be together. Our relationship has made me believe in divine intervention and destiny, just as much as my crazy career and the way I fell into this life," Chris said during a Reddit AMA. "Anna is a great wife. Very patient and understanding. Very supportive. So kind and genuine always."

3. John Krasinski & Emily Blunt
Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Golden Globe Candids Christopher Polk/NBC/NBC via Getty Images
Married for: 5 years
Cute quote: "Meeting John really changed my life," Emily told InStyle. "When I feel the support that I have from him, I feel invincible. There's someone behind you on your good days, and someone in front of you on your bad days."

4. Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick
Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick Daniel Zuchnik/WireImage
Married for: 25 years
Cute quote: "When I don't see Kyra, I look forward to seeing her," Kevin told Parade. "We talk a lot, and we make each other laugh. People want to know, 'How do you do it in Hollywood?' I don't have the answers. We just like to be together."

5. Portia de Rossi & Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Lara Porzak Photography via WireImage
Married for: 7 years
Cute quote: "I love her so much it kills me," Ellen told People. "The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time."

6. John Legend & Chrissy Teigen
Chrissy Teigen, John Legend, Dujour Magazine Bruce Weber/Dujour
Married for: 2 years
Cute quote: "I've been with Chrissy for a long time, and knew that I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life and wanted to have kids with her and all of that, and I really didn't have any fear," John said to Gayle King on CBS This Morning. "Once I decided to do it, I decided lets go for it."

7. Chris Hemsworth & Elsa Pataky
Chris Hemsworth, Elsa Pataky Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage
Married for: 5 years
Cute quote: "It's funny when it's your husband. For me, sexy is the inside of someone," Elsa told Women's Health about Chris being named Sexiest Man Alive. "Of course I think he's beautiful and fit, but I will never tell him that because he will get too, how do you say, 'cocky'? He'll be like, 'What do you think of that?' And I'll say, 'Well, I've been the sexiest woman in Spain for a lot of years.' It's all just a joke, though."

8. Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan-Tatum 
Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan-Tatum Angela Weiss/Getty Images
Married for: 6 years
Cute quote: "We like to think of ourselves as big, strong men, and we could handle whatever situation. And reality is [that women] are so much stronger than we could ever be," Channing told Vanity Fair about the birth of their daughter, Everly. "There's a reason why we weren't given that job, evolutionary or whatever. My wife, she's a warrior. She did it as natural as you can. [As a man], you're basically a cheerleader. 'Come on, baby. You can do it.' I would've tapped out in the first."

9. Felicity Huffman & William H. Macy
Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy, SAG Awards, Candid Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
Married for: 18 years
Cute quote:  "I totally adore him,' Felicity gushed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "I just lucked out with that guy. He walks in a room and I go 'ah!'"

10. Ben Stiller & Christine Taylor
Ben Stiller, Christine Taylor Ian Gavan/Getty Images
Married for: 15 years
Cute quote:  "[Our] relationship was a gradual thing that happened over a quick period of time, maybe seven or eight months," Ben told Parade. "We just started hanging out with each other and it developed into, 'Wow, this feels great. I really like this person. I think I love this person. I really do—I love this person.' It hit me out of the blue."

11. Denzel & Pauletta Washington
Denzel Washington, Pauletta Washington, Golden Globes Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Married for: 32 years
Cute quote: "I live with this man. I see the down part. I see the sad part. I see every part," Paulette told Ebony magazine. "He has and knows he has that stability in me as his wife. That's gives him strength, regardless of if he misuses it. I can't dwell on that. But I do know that gives him a great platform to go and fly."

12. Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux 
Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Ari Perilstein/Getty Images for LTLA
Married for: > 1 year
Cute quote: "Something really does shift in a wonderful way and it sort of refocuses things and in a weird way I was sort of…it was a long time coming, but also put us in exactly sort of the right space…it's a wonderful thing," Theroux said on GMA about marrying the Friends alum.

13. David Bowie & Iman 
Iman, David Bowie Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
Married for: 23 years
Cute quote: "But as I always said: I fell in love with David Jones. I did not fall in love with David Bowie," said the supermodel. "Bowie is just a persona. He's a singer, an entertainer. David Jones is a man I met."

14. Jessica Biel & Justin Timberlake
Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake Amy Graves/WireImage
Married for: 3 years
Cute quote: "Every once in a while I can catch a glimpse of her when she doesn't see me looking, and I have this moment where I'm like, 'If you never make a good decision ... if you only make bad decisions for the rest of your life. You made one really good decision,'" he told Ellen DeGeneres. "Because she's just like ... it's nice to marry your friend. It's nice to marry your best friend. It suits me."

15. Rebecca Romijn & Jerry O'Connell
Rebecca Romijn, Jerry O'Connell, Christmas Card Twitter
Married for: 8 years
Cute quote: "We laugh a lot. My wife is my best friend," Jerry said in an interview with YourTango. "I would hope that Rebecca would say the same. We just giggle. And it's fun to go through parenthood of twins."

16. Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
Melissa McCarthy, Ben Falcone, Golden Globe Candids Christopher Polk/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank
Married for: 10 years
Cute quote: "We have a lot of fun," Ben said about the secret to making their marriage work. "I think she's the best person in the room, so I'm just delighted."

17. Elton John & David Furnish
Elton John, David Furnish 2014 WireImage
Married for: 9 years (civil partnership and legal marriage)
Cute quote: "We don't feel the need to take an extra step legally," David told the Las Vegas Review Journal. "But since we're committed for life, we feel it's really important to take that step, and take advantage of that amazing change in legislation. We all live by example."

18. Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher
Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Married for: > 1 year
Cute quote: "The most amazing thing about having a baby is my partner, Mila. She's greatest mom—I can't even!" Kutcher spilled on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "Like I go to work every day and I come home and she's perfect. And it just seems like everything went amazing. And I know that something probably didn't go amazing, but she never complains. It's unbelievable. She's incredible."

19. Liev Schreiber & Naomi Watts 
Naomi Watts, Liev Schreiber , Golden Globes Parties, Audi Charley Gallay/Getty Images for Audi
Together for: 10 years
Cute quote: "It's finding time for each other," Liev shared about their long-running relationship. "That's the trick to any relationship, you know. Finding time to really be present for each other."

20. Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos
Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Mike Coppola/Getty Images for GLAAD
Married for: 19 years
Cute quote: You know, we've been working together since '94, so almost 21 years in close capacity, and I think at the end of the day we really, really get each other," Mark told E! News. "I'm extremely annoying and she's very patient, so I think that's also how something works, that's why it works. So if two people live together, one has to be patient and typically the other one is very annoying."

21. Faith Hill & Tim McGraw
Tomorrowland Disney Premiere, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw AKM-GSI
Married for: 19 years
Cute quote: "It amazes me every night, every chance that I get to sing with her," Tim marveled to Oprah. "I think about the fact that we're married and the fact that we raised these three beautiful daughters. And then I think about having three daughters and having [Hill] for their mom. It's a pretty cool thing for those girls to have her."

22. Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell
Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for DuJour
Together for: 30 years
Cute quote: "A lasting relationship isn't about marriage. It's about compatibility and communication. And you both need to want it to work," Goldie explained to Porter magazine. "If one person does not want it to work, it isn't going to work. Intention is the key. It's also about not losing yourself in each other. Being together, two pillars holding up the house and the roof, and being different, not having to agree on everything, learning how to deal with not agreeing. Everything's a choice."

23. Judd Apatow & Leslie Mann
Things that Made Us Smile, Leslie Mann, Judd Apatow, 2015 Academy Awards Larry Busacca/VF15/Getty Images
Married for: 18 years
Cute quote: "Leslie came in, and when she walked out, I said to Ben Stiller, 'It's so weird that Mrs. Apatow just walked in the room like that,'" Judd told Elle about meeting Leslie during auditions for The Cable Guy. "I meant it. I thought, 'That's Mrs. Apatow. I guess I need to figure out how to make that happen.'"

24 Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt
Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, AFI Awards Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Married for: 1 year
Cute quote: "Brad has expanded my life in ways I never imagined. We built a family. He is not just the love of my life, he is my family. I hold that very dear," Angelina told Marie Claire. "I suppose what I've learned from Brad is to be able to have the kind of family whose happiness and well-being comes before your own."

25. Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka
David Burtka, Neil Patrick Harris Cindy Ord/Getty Images
Married for: 1 year
Cute quote: "We just have been together over 10 years," Harris said on The View. "I think when our kids got to the age where they were having reasonable conversations—where they're asking lots of why questions—then it seemed like to be able to have a real clear-cut explanation of who their daddy is. I think its great [to say], 'He's my husband.'"

26. Olivia Wilde & Jason Sudeikis
Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis James Devaney/GC Images
Together for: 4 years
Cute quote: "I feel like every day is Valentine's Day in our relationship," Jason told E! News, adding that their son Otis got his looks from Olivia. "He smiles a lot. I would say any looks he's got going—I feel like he's a real cute little guy—that's Olivia's doing."

27. Nick Offerman & Megan Mullally
Megan Mullally, Nick Offerman, Parks and Recreation NBC
Married for: 12 years
Cute quote: "We fell in love, and before long, we could just tell that we wanted to stay together and make a life together," Megan told the AV Club. "We wanted to declare to each other and our friends and family that we were in it to win it. It's important to note that it was not the result of any planning on either of our parts. In fact, we were both looking rather in the other direction when we ran smack into it."

28. Sarah Michelle Gellar & Freddie Prinze Jr.
Freddie Prinze Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar AP Photo/Kristie Bull/Graylock.com
Married for: 13 years
Cute quote: "I always say I'm Sarah Michelle Gellar when I work and Sarah Prinze in the other life," she told More. "I don't know if there is a secret—if I had a secret, I'd write a book and retire. But we talk. We check in."

29. Joshua Jackson & Diane Kruger
Diane Kruger, Joshua Jackson Teach/Moryc Welt/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
Together for: 9 years
Cute quote: "I don't feel any more or less committed to Diane for not having stood in front of a priest and had a giant party," he told Glamour about their relationship status. "We're both children of divorce, so it's hard for me to take marriage at face value as the thing that shows you've grown up and are committed to another person. But it may change at some point. We may get married."

30. Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively 
Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Gabrielle's Angel Foundation
Married for: 3 years
Cute quote: "When that happens you fall so much more in love with your partner," Ryan told Jimmy Fallon about the birth of their daughter. "It's a pretty crazy experience. What blows my mind is that it's so common yet it's so profound at the same time. Something so many people do."

Do you have a favorite couple that is giving you life right now during this dark time of celeb splits?
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment