Monday 16 February 2015

Raquel Smith x Giuseppe Zanotti’s Gold W Necklace.


Happy Monday!
Fashion week is in full force,I am continuing the Black History Month features with a necklace designed by stylist Raquel Smith for Giuseppe Zanotti:

Raquel Smith x Giuseppe Zanotti's Gold Necklace
As part of Beyonce’s styling team, Raquel has had access to Mr. Zanotti many times in the past to create custom designs for Lady Bey. This go around, she designed a jewelry piece for her repertoire, which has already been spied on Iman, Taraji P. Henson, and more.
taraji p henson raqual smith giuseppe zanotti necklace
About the collaboration, Raquel said, “I actually came up with designs and Mr. Zanotti does the production in Italy. He is my mentor.” She continues, “My collection is inspired by my father (deceased) and my newborn son. He was a great man who raised me to be who I am today. He was taken from me, but I was Blessed to give birth to a healthy little boy who wasn’t suppose to be here according to doctors. They both are named William [hence the W]. So I have a bittersweet story that I have used to be creative and to enter the next chapter of my life by designing jewelry. I want to create my collection based upon these 2 important people that play a major part of my life. It’s like a healing for me to be able to be able to produce pieces that have a major impact on my life then and for my future.” Beautiful.
raquel smith giuseppe zanotti necklace copy
While the W in the necklace is a nod to Raquel’s father and son, she says, “For the customer it can mean whatever you want it to mean for example: just a Hot Statement piece of jewelry or whatever W means to them like for Wisdom, Woman, Worthy etc…”
raquel smith zanotti necklace
The necklaces are still in production, but i’ll let you know when they’re available for purchase.
Until then, what do you think? Would you rock it?

No comments:

Post a Comment