Wednesday 9 April 2014

Bobbi Brown Named Beauty Editor-in-Chief at Yahoo.

bobbi brown
• I guess being a makeup mogul just isn’t enough for Bobbi Brown! The cosmetics queen is delving into the editorial world as Yahoo‘s beauty editor-in-chief. But don’t get it twisted–the new site, which will launch in June, isn’t going to be another platform for Brown to promote her label. “This is not going to be the Bobbi Brown Cosmetics channel,” she told WWD. “I am approaching this as a journalist. I’ve appeared on Good Morning America and the Today show for the last 15 years and I’ve never taken the opportunity to just push my own brand. This will be a brand-agnostic site.” Brown sees this new gig as an opportunity to share her beauty knowledge to women…and to learn a few new things herself. “They’ve given me free rein to create a modern platform, and I’m very excited about teaching women and learning new things myself,” she said. “Yahoo has more than 800 million users, and it’s a great opportunity to get smart, approachable news out to a wide variety of women.” (WWD)

No comments:

Post a Comment