Wednesday 9 August 2017

Kelly Rowland Explores ‘Extraordinary Simple Life’ on New Album

Kelly Rowland
More than four years after releasing Talk a Good Game, Kelly Rowland is back in the studio.
During an interview with Kosine on Beats 1, the Destiny’s Child alum opened up about her forthcoming album, which was inspired by motherhood. “Right after I had my son I didn’t know what I wanted to talk about,” said Rowland, who gave birth to her son Titan in 2014. “I just found this place and found a groove and everything started to pop into place. I’m really excited.”

Now, Rowland is ready to share some of that newfound wisdom. “I remember, I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, I’m not in my 20s but I’m not in my 50s.’ I’m in this really glorious time in life where I feel like I’m receiving a lot of information and I feel like I have to give that back out, too,” she added. “Just from years of being here on Earth, being a woman, and just going through life. That’s more than enough to talk about. That’s the space that I’m in right now. My theme is the extraordinary simple life of me. It doesn’t take a lot for me to be a happy girl. I like simple things. I like extraordinary things too, so I had to put that in there. It’s just a really colorful and beautiful record so far. I’m very excited.”
Kelly, who released her first book Whoa, Baby! earlier this year, is already working on new material with Kosine and The Internet’s Syd. “Syd’s voice just sucks you in,” she said. “Everything about her is just so effortless and cool. I love working with her in the studio. She’s been such a delight.”
Rowland’s next LP will be her fifth overall and it will follow 2013’s Talk a Good Game, which spawned singles like “Kisses Down Low” and “Dirty Laundry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment