Thursday 14 August 2014

Fashion News: Plus Sized Fashionistas are #BoycottingTarget.

_chastity-garner-boycotting-target
Plus sized fashionistas are fed up with Target, and are planning to boycott the fast fashion outpost.
Chastity Garner of the blog Garner Style penned an open letter to the store today, dismayed that their latest Altuzarra x Target collection doesn’t offer anything over a size 16.


 3  chastity from san francisco
She wrote, “This may seem a little dramatic, but the recent release of the photos of Altuzarra for Target collection have me feeling slighted. I’m up late, working as usual, and I see Refinery 29 post 50 photos of the newest designer collaboration. Literally 50 pieces of beautiful (and I mean beautiful) affordable clothing and none of it will be remotely close to the size that I wear. The collection consists of deeps hues of burgundy, fabulous snakeskin prints, and fall worthy silk-like maxi dresses…enough to make any fashion lover lust. My heart sinks. You have once again made me feel like a second-class customer and because of that I’m going to have to discontinue my relationship with you altogether.”Altuzarra for Target Look 22
She continues, “Year after year, season after season, you put out these gorgeous designer collections and you never include a plus range. Every time each of these collections is about to be released it feels like a slap in the face. To add insult to injury, over 6 months ago, you took most of your plus size clothing out of the store, promising me something new and improved and that has yet to happen. I’ve been in this abusive relationship with you for far too long. I can’t do this anymore. I will be personally boycotting Target altogether. No more housewares, grocery shopping, electronics…nothing. I’m done. ”In an e-mail, she said, “From the phone call I made to Target, [the collection will] go up to an XL or a straight size 16 like most of their clothing. I would like to see them have ranges that are in line with their plus size section. 1x – 4x, 14W – 28W, or similar sizing.” Altuzarra for Target Look 9
Alright!
What do you think of Chastity’s campaign? Would you like to see a greater range of sizes at Target?
Follow the latest developments on Twitter and Instagram at #BoycottingTarget.
Read her original blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment