Tuesday 5 August 2014

Nicki Minaj by Joao Canziani for The Fader’s Fall Fashion Issue.

nicki-minaj-by-joao-canzani-for-the-fader-fall-fashion
Stunning..

 nicki-minaj-by-joao-canzani-for-the-fader-fall-fashion-1nicki-minaj-by-joao-canzani-for-the-fader-fall-fashion-2nicki-minaj-by-joao-canzani-for-the-fader-fall-fashion-34  nicki minaj for the fader magazine september 20145  nicki minaj for the fader magazine september 2014
Nicki Minaj by Joao Canziani for The Fader’s Fall Fashion Issue.
On Being a Role Model to Young Black Women
“…Every time I do a business venture or something that isn’t the norm for a female rapper, I pat myself on the back. It’s important that corporate America can see a young black woman being able to sell things outside of music…A female rapper! With HSN!”

On The Industry Killing People Before Their Time
“I was making a point to say that the business kills so many people and we don’t even realize it. I can only imagine how many people in this business have died because they may not have wanted to… to be embarrassed publicly. We care so much about what the world thinks that we don’t live, really.”

On Her Comment About Writing Her Own Lyrics in her BET Acceptance Speech
“My point of saying what I said was that women need to have a perspective. If we’re out here saying that we’re so confident, and we’re so this and so that, but we don’t even trust ourselves to write down our own thoughts and spit it on a beat? It just doesn’t add up.”

On Leaving Her Family:
Her younger brother was just a child when she signed with Young Money and left her mom’s home. ‘One day he asked my mother, ‘Do you ever think there’ll come a time we all live in the same house again, and Onika will be back and she’ll have her room, and I’ll have my room?’” Nicki says. “And it just broke my heart.” Before a tear can muck up any of her makeup, Samuels wordlessly pops up from the couch to nab her a tissue. As soon as the curtain of Nicki’s private life slides open, revealing the sacrifices she’s made for her career, it’s pulled back again. ‘I don’t want to get emotional,’ she says, ‘I just miss them. Every time I talk about them, I get emotional.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment