Monday 30 October 2017

Cardi B Covers Rolling Stone: Talks Debut Album, Fame, & Fear of Failure

teewhy-hive.blogspot.co.uk
Cardi B’s success story continues as the “Bodak Yellow” rapper graces the November 2017 cover of Rolling Stone.
Dubbed “The Hot Issue,” the former “Love & Hip Hop” star rocks black lingerie under a leopard print coat with her tongue licking her upper left lip in the Justice Apple-photographed cover.

Inside the magazine, Cardi opens up about her fear of failure, especially heightened by her upcoming debut album, which has yet to be completed. “I got six, seven solid songs that I like,” she said of the project. “But I wonder if a month from now, I’m going to change my mind. She added: “It’s not as fun to do music. My mind doesn’t flow as free ’cause I have so much on my mind.”
Instagram media by iamcardib - Issa DREAM COME TRUE !!!! I can’t believe it!! I can’t believe when I got the call, and I still can’t believe I'm seeing it now!! The cover of ROLLING STONE!!!! WOW!!! Thank you sooo much for choosing me!! I’m so blessed and honor ❤️❤️❤️❤️
She also shared some anxiety about the prospects of losing the success she’s already obtained. “If you go broke and lose your career, it’s bad — and everybody is talkin’ shit about it,” she said. “At least if you lose your 9-to-5, you don’t got millions of people judging you and talking shit while you lost your job.”
But the chart-topping rapper, who set Billboard Hot 100 records with “Bodak Yellow,” also mused about the downsides of fame. “I used to tell myself that I will always be myself,” she explained. “Little by little, I’m feeling like I’m getting trapped and muted.”
Read additional quotes from Bardi’s Rolling Stone cover story below.
On Fame: “I cannot turn my life back around. I’m already a public figure, I’m famous. … It’s like, I might as well keep it going, might as well make the money. People are always going to talk shit — I cannot make myself unfamous.”
On Rap Beef: “It’s not even the female rappers that are catty, it’s the fans. They just want that beef.”
On Her Race: “It gets to the point that you ask yourself, ‘Damn, what the fuck am I?'”
On the State of Rap: “It’s so sad to say, and I don’t want to be the one to say it, but you gotta follow the trend. This generation loves to get high. They love to be on drugs. This is why they on that shit: They don’t want to think about what you’re saying.”
On J. Cole & Kendrick Lamar’s Success: “A bitch like me, it might not work out for me so I’m going to stick to trapping.”
On Her Fiancée Offset: “We polish each other. I could always ask him, ‘Do you think this is OK to do? Do you think I’m getting tricked?'”
On Her Future: “I need to make money for my family and my future family. I’m not a YOLO person. I think 25 years from now. I think about my future kids, future husband, future house.”

No comments:

Post a Comment