Tuesday, 8 November 2016
Beauty Deets: Justine Skye’s 13th Annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards “Old Hollywood” Curls, Styled by Derick Monroe
Fact: Justine Skye always has one of the best hairstyles at any event. Her signature purple color is always on point and we love the daring ‘dos she chooses! Case in point: the beauty at the 13th Annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards. She offset her Fall-perfect Georgine Studio stole and super cool Gypsy Sport planet-embroidered dress with “Old Hollywood”-inspired Curls—styled by Derick Monroe.
Get the steps to recreate Justine’s hair for the evening below:
1. On freshly washed and conditioned hair, dry your hair with a blow dryer and a paddle brush to create body to the hair.
2. Next, section your hair in small parts and use a medium one-inch curling iron to create small curls at the ends of your hair—leaving the roots straight.
3. Create a deep side part on the right side and use an edge tamer like the $10 Dark and Lovely Length Retention Tame and Strengthen Edge Tamer to keep your hair in place and prevent fly-aways. Then, continue to curl the hair away from your face.
4. After all of the hair is curled, brush out the curls with a $105 Mason Peason Brush to add volume and waves and pin some hair in place behind your ears.
5. To finish, spray a sheen and sealing spray like the $6 Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Anti-Shrinkage Sheen Sealing Nectar—to add shine to the hair strands.
Will you be trying out Justine’s hair this holiday?