Monday, 21 November 2016
Beauty Deets: Ciara’s 2016 American Music Awards Effortless Ponytail, Styled by César DeLeön Ramirêz
Mommy-to-be Ciara was positively glowing last night, in a Stephane Rolland Couture dress that had all eyes on her and her growing baby bump. For the occasion, stylist and MIZANI Global Artist Director César DeLeön Ramirêz wanted to create a style that complemented her statement-making frock. “I generally like to keep things simple so that they don’t compete, but instead complement the overall look,” stated the hair guru. “My vision was a long messy ponytail with a 70s inspired fringe.”
Here’s how to get the Grammy Award-winning singer’s ponytail for the night:
1. To start, use a smoothing system like MIZANI Thermasmooth to blow out your hair with a great blow dryer. César’s go-to brand is GHD.
2. Then, center part your bangs and section out hair around your face to frame it. For the ponytail, section your hair into two parts: front and back.
3. Using a GHD paddle brush, brush back and secure the back section of your hair into a ponytail.
4. Next, you can attach some extensions—just make sure to hide and blend the faux hair by incorporating the remainder of your tresses into the ponytail.
5. To really get a straight and incredibly shiny finish, use your flat iron on the ponytail and on your bangs. And if it’s a rainy or humid day, keep your hair in place with a mist like MIZANI’s HRM Resistant Mist.
What do you think of CiCi’s hair?