If contouring wasn’t your thing, focus on the best of it and get into strobing. Strobing focuses on highlighting your face (think cheekbones, nose, chin), giving you a highlighted look that stands out for your next selfie. As we transition into fall and winter, don’t worry if you can’t make it to a Caribbean beach, #TeamTeewhyhive will show you how to glow like one with our friends from Cover FX.
Cover FX creates some of the best illuminating products to get a dewy, bronzy look. Think: going for a light jog in the Caribbean sunshine and then having a glass of wine. That kind of look. We’re going to show you how to achieve it. This looks is perfect for the glam girl, the girl who wants to give her look a little oomph, or anyone that wants to glow!
First thing you are going to need is some illuminating products if you want to get that sun-kissed glow!
A. COVER FX Illuminating Primer – This primer is the base of this makeup operation. Why is a primer necessary? Well, you don’t start your nails with the polish, you start with a base, right? Same with a house. The primer helps your makeup go on smoothly; this illuminating primer has minerals to help your makeup reflect off the light.
B. COVER FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation – A dewy look is not the same as an oily look.
C. COVER FX Illuminating Setting Powder – This setting powder is a triple threat. It helps reduce redness, keep your foundation on all day, and gives you a luminous glow.
D. COVER FX Enhance Click Cream Highlighters – This is THE product for strobing! Like all Cover FX products, it’s buildable … so use as much or as little as you like for the perfect highlighted look. At only $18, it’s not only powerful, but an affordable product to add to your makeup kit.
E. COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops – This is the meaning of sun-kissed. These drops can be mixed into your foundation for an illuminating glow or applied at the end of your makeup and blended in as a highlighter. It’s metallic, not glittery, so it packs color and luminosity. This is our Style & Beauty Editor Danielle James‘ current favorite product!
Now for the application. You can get a luminous glow in five easy steps. (Yes, really!)
1. On a freshly cleaned face, apply Illuminating Primer.
2. Use a beauty blender or a sponge to apply Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation in your chosen shade.
3. Set your makeup with Illuminating Setting Powder using a fluffy brush.
4. Highlight your brow bone, cupids bow, and cheekbones with Enhance Click Cream Highlighters in your favorite shade.
5. Take your glow to the max by applying Custom Enhancer Drops on top of the areas you already highlighted.Beauties, this illuminating look will have you glowing all through fall and winter like a sun-kissed island baby!
PHOTO CREDIT: COVER FX / Canva, Getty