Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Marjorie’s Hairstylist Shares Paris Fashion Week Secrets
Sources sat down with Robert J. Stell, the man behind Marjorie Harvey’s legendary locks, to find out what it’s like to style Marjorie’s hair when it matters most: Paris Fashion Week. We caught up with RJ in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Paris as he shared his love for the beauty of healthy effortless hair, while revealing some tricks of the trade. Here’s how to tame your mane like a true Parisian street style star.
1. Let’s talk street style. What is the vibe right now on the streets of Paris as it relates to hair? Any notable trends?
There’s an abundance of creative energy during Paris Fashion Week. The natural beauty and a fresh face from each design house are what I personally and professionally prefer to see out in our world. Every designer’s ability to ignite their personal style always inspires me. Free flowing, bed head, textured styles are big this year.
2. Fashion week in any city gives us forecasts, what we can expect to be hot next season. Which runway looks are serving as inspiration for spring 2017?
The beauty of Paris Fashion Week is the anticipation of the unknown. I am always excited to see what each design house will bring, and also to learn what has inspired them to create such beauty, such divinity.
3. Marjorie’s hair looks super healthy! What’s your secret weapon for protecting the integrity of color-treated hair?
I use a variety of different haircare products depending on what is required for the desired look. Some of Mrs. Harvey’s favorites include Tigi S Factor Diamond Dreams Shampoo ($21) and Tigi S Factor Diamond Dreams Conditioner ($44). Both of these products leave the hair with a diamond sparkle finish. Also, Tigi S Factor Serious Conditioner ($33) is another one of her favorites. It’s a sensational repair deep condition for colored treated hair.
4. She’s also rocking a shorter length. How do you prep and style this length? Any particular must-have products?
Mrs. Harvey is a lover of the traditional roller set, which is the foundation of every style she rocks! I personally recommend using a blow dry spray and thermal protectant like Phyto Phytokeratine Repairing Thermal Protectant Spray ($32) to shield the hair follicles from heat damage.
5. What’s a practical way we can implement a bit of Parisian style into an everyday look?
I think that keeping the integrity of your hair through proper conditioning treatments and minimizing the use of heat will give you the option to obtain any desired hairstyle.