Tuesday, 4 October 2016
PFW Street Style: Stripes, Stripes, And More Stripes
While the point of fashion weeks’ worldwide certainly centers around the designers’ creations that are sent down the runways, an abundance of inspiration can also be found outside the shows via street style. It’s hard not to gawk at the ensembles on display on the sidewalks, and a picturesque locale like Paris doesn’t hurt the cause.
After combing through countless street style pictures from Paris Fashion Week, we found one specific pattern that seemed to show itself on a plethora of stylish stars: stripes. From blazers to dresses, stripes are everywhere, plastered on just about every piece. Here, i delve into this trend with tips on how to wear it like a true fashionista.
Although a striped blazer may suggest a schoolboy vibe, they take a decidedly sexy turn when paired with a silky slip or even sans undergarments on top.
1. Burberry Panama Stripe Cotton & Silk Pajama Blazer ($1495)
2. Smythe Shawl Stripe Blazer ($605)
3. Merona Women’s Striped Ponte Blazer ($24)
Vertical stripes give the illusion of longer, leaner legs. Pair with a leather top to keep this look from veering too nautical.
1. Altuzarra Serge Striped Wool and Cotton-Blend Flared Pants ($1150)
2. Nasty Gal Stripe Dream Cropped Pants ($78)
3. Topshop Stripe Tapered Pants ($75)
Mixing patterns is a playful fashion look that anyone can master. Try varying stripes of different sizes and colors, or even pairing a striped dress with a floral accompaniment to keep things interesting.
1. Etoile Isabel Marant Duffy Duffy Striped Wool Mini Dress ($405)
2. Asos Y.A.S Stripe Dress ($81)
3. Nasty Gal Stripe Right Midi Dress ($58)
If these street style stars haven’t convinced you to sport striped apparel, a linear accessory is a stylish way to ease into the trend.
1. Balenciaga Bazar Striped Textured-Leather Tote ($1645)
2. Clare V. Stripe Leather Foldover Clutch ($235)
3. Sole Society Radcliffe Faux Leather Clutch ($45)