Tuesday 7 October 2014

Vintage Visions: Grace Jones.


Grace Jones – the name alone resonates as one of the fiercest icons this world has ever witnessed. With undeniable beauty, a slender frame, and eye-catching performance ensembles, this Jamaican bombshell has certainly solidified her status as a fashion legend.


vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd6
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd17
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd3
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd19
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd7
As much as I’d like to sit here and present an entire history lesson on Grace Jones, I’m not. This model/singer/actress/fashion extraordinaire deserves a much juicier tribute! Her style has been emulated by some of today’s hottest starlets yet no one can compare to the original. True story – I fell in love with Miss Beverly Grace Jones after coming across an old picture my mom had stashed away. Still a teenager, I was instantly drawn to her eccentric style – from her signature low-cut hair to her mind-blowing androgynous looks – she set the fashion standard and single-handedly shattered the dynamics as to what ‘personal style’ truly meant.
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd4
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd11
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd14
If I had to describe Grace Jones’s style in one word, I would simply call it iconic. Never, in my entire life, have I seen anyone rock a structured black blazer like this woman! With endless sex appeal and indisputable confidence, Miss Jones always brought it! Her key looks included over-the-top head gear, clean and sleek silhouettes, in-your-face prints, sultry makeup, tons of sparkle and those sharp cheekbones. In my opinion, no matter how time continues to progress, this fashionista shall always be a source of style inspiration for generations to come.
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd18
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd1
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd10
Are you already a die-hard Grace Jones fan? If so, then hustle on over to the Shop Candy Bomb site and purchase your Grace Jones tee! Claire did an exceptional job in creating a piece that homage to such an influential fashion pioneer. With a simplistic design, this style steal is certainly worth the investment. In my opinion, it’s one of the hottest graphic tees I’ve seen in a while. Don’t miss out!
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd21
vintage-visions-grace-jones-fbd9
What a woman! Interested in finding out more about the legendary Grace Jones? Well, check this bit of information here and let me know what you think.
In closing, I’d like to leave you guys with a genius quote from the diva herself. When asked what is was like to be Grace Jones, she elegantly stated, “I wasn’t born this way, one creates oneself.” With that, Never forget, always stay true to who you are.
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment