Tuesday, 1 November 2016
Warm Up With These Chic Accessories
Brrr… can you feel the chill in the air? It’s coming! When it comes to winter, below-freezing temps are par for the course, and, so too, are gloves, hats, scarves, and anything else that helps chill out the chill.
If you’ve been wearing the same boring black scarf or itchy wool hat for years on end, it’s time for an upgrade. Here are my must-have winter accessories to keep you warm – while looking stylish – all season long.
Blanket scarves like Jasmine Tookes’ make getting out of bed when it is still dark outside that much easier – it’s like bringing your comforter with you!
1. Theory Cashmere Blanket Scarf ($235)
2. Rebecca Minkoff Chunky Knit Fringe Triangle Scarf ($88)
3. River Island Colorblock Blanket Scarf ($28)
A pom-pom hat like Kendall and Kylie’s adds some wit and whimsy to any ensemble, regardless of age. It will lift your mood even in a sleet storm.
4. Eugenia Kim Mimi Double Pom-Pom Beanie ($250)
5. Yves Salomon Black Black Fur Pom Pom Beanie ($110)
6. Forever 21 Veiled Pom-Pom Beanie ($10)
For a warm but fairly impractical cape, sweater, or dress that doesn’t fully cover your forearms, rely on a ladylike pair of opera gloves like Lucy Liu to shield any exposed skin from the elements.
7. Guanti Giglio Fiorentino Long Leather Gloves ($245)
8. Mark+Graham Women’s Italian Leather Opera Gloves ($200)
9. Ralph Lauren Wool-Blend Long Gloves ($60)
Few accessories are as glam as a fur stole, a la Rita Ora’s. Reminiscent of yesteryear, it’s high on the chic meter and it’s also rather warm.
10. Ted Baker London Faux Fur Stole ($185)
11. Halogen Faux Fur Stole ($99)
12. Kate Spade New York Faux Rabbit Fur Stole ($45)