Thursday, 15 June 2017
10 Things You Should Never Say to Your Single Girlfriend
So she’s your BFF, sister, colleague, the girl next door. She is attractive (maybe), well-educated (more than likely), great sense of style (you’re inspired by her IG #OOTD posts all the time), and has a crazy sense of humor. Even more remarkably so, she is spiritual, consistently curious, holds her liquor, chews with her mouth closed, is deeply compassionate, community-oriented, thrifty at times, a life enthusiast, and great with children.
The one thing you or anyone else who spends more than the time it takes to chug a tall French vanilla latte are wondering after talking to her is…why is THIS lovely specimen (also known in the bachelor world as a unicorn) STILL single?
I’m not about to pretend I know the exact answers to this question because there are a plethora of factors involved. However, I can tell you as a single woman who wishes she had a dollar for every time someone asked, “What’s wrong with you? How can you be single?” there are a few things you just never say to or around your beloved bachelorette.
Actually, there are at least 10 things you should never, ever say to your single female friend:
1. What’s wrong with you? Can’t you find a man?
2. Do you actually want to find love?
3. You must have a crazy side. All women over 35 who are still single are crazy.
4. You may just need to join a gym or have some work done.
5. All single women have one thing in common: not domesticated enough.
6. You probably talk too much or are far too opinionated to have a man.
7. You’re not getting any younger. It’s time to settle.
8. Tick-tock, tick-tock. That’s your uterus.
9. You don’t want kids? Are you really that selfish?
10. Lower your expectations!
These are just a few. Terrible, I know, but frightfully real. Just remember, whomever she is, she may (or may not) truly want a loving relationship and a family. But regardless of what she wants, I can assure you she doesn’t want to feel ostracized for a reality that may – in actuality – be beyond her control.