Wednesday, 1 March 2017
Nina Dobrev’s 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Edgy Bob, Styled by Riawna Capri
If you’re wearing a sheer Dior gown to one of the biggest parties of the year, then your hair has to be just as cool as your dress. Case in point: Nina Dobrev at the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party. Her edgy bob was the perfect complement to her frock from the iconic French fashion house—dry-cut by famed stylist Riawna Capri. She used a texturizing technique to maintain a blunt perimeter.
Here, the step-by-step details to recreate Nina’s gorgeous look:
1. Wash your hair with a volumizing shampoo & conditioner duo to enhance your hair texture.
2. Prep your hair with a heat protectant that won’t weigh it down, as well as a primer to create a foundation to keep the style in place.
3. Rough dry your hair to boost its natural texture and volume.
4. Once dry, separate your hair into three sections. Then, begin curling your hair from the bottom— gradually changing the iron size from the smallest (.75″) to medium (1″) to large (1.25″) as you make your way towards the top layer.
5. Shake out your curls and set them into place using a flexible hold spray. And Riawna’s pro tip? “Volumizing products and creating a base of tight curls helps to create that really big and full look.”
Thoughts on Nina’s hair for the evening?